Monday, October 26, 2009

Where We've Been and Where We Are!

All right, so there have been many miles logged between our wedding at the end of June and now. Seriously, four months and this has what we've been up to:

10-day honeymoon in the Baja--deep sea fishing, snorkeling, exploring, off-roading, eating lots of Mexican food and drinking margaritas as big as your face. 'Nuff said.

Visiting Will's aunt & uncle on Bainbridge Island outside of Seattle. Waking up to the waves of Puget Sound practically lapping at your window is rough I tell you.

Wedding to shoot in Lincoln, Nebraska for a cousin of mine...a whole lotta corn and a surprise flyover (not for the wedding though!) of Air Force One.

A fantastic wedding reception put on by some great southern ladies in Terry, Mississippi! Lots of visiting with friends and family.

Will's graduation from Georgia Tech in Atlanta--quite the getup they made him wear for a PhD graduation, but quite the achievement just getting to that stage in the first place-and now we have a doctor in the house!!!

One of my best friend's wedding in Vernon, BC which I was a bridesmaid for as well as a part-time photographer!

Road trip to Winnipeg, Manitoba where I was born and spent my childhood--an awesome time visiting and finally getting to show Will where my prairie roots are.

Canada road trip interrupted for my green card interview in Atlanta--which went horribly but ended well--the lady was quite nasty to us but in the end I was approved for my card!

Stops in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan to visit more family and Lake Louise, Alberta where we were treated to a couple of nights at the Lake Louise Chateau as a wedding present!!! Best view EVER from our window. Will has been talking in a hoity toity voice about the chateau and wanting to eat 'scrumpets' ever since.

An unexpected 2-month stay at my parents' in Vernon, BC when Will's position in France fell through (on the France end of things) and Will began looking for a new job. I had the busiest 6 weeks of shooting yet (including three trips down to Vancouver for shoots) and Will landed a job in the San Jose area of California.

Tonight: After two days of travel with a U-Haul from British Columbia to California we have finally arrived. Customs was a delightful 5-minute ordeal and 20+ hours of driving didn't seem too bad. I conquered my fear of driving a honkin' big U-Haul through rains of Biblical proportions, winding mountain passes that turned my knuckles white, and 6-lane California chaos as Bay area speed demons wove around us in the dark.

So here we are! Soon to start looking for a place and then it's off to Mississippi to get Will's things and ship everything back to California.

Stay tuned for more as I get rid of wedding blog info and keep you posted on our new life in California!!!



1 comment:

  1. So exciting Jaime! What an answer to prayer, it sounds like it went beyond "smooth". Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete